Friday, April 13, 2012

Interminable Waiting

Spring is in the air and I am now in possession of 175 lb of grains from our local brew club group buy. 50 lb sacks of Briess Pilsner, Two Row and Pale malt. Also 12.5 lb of Caramel Munich 60. This is what I call a good start, with one exception...

I have no grain crusher! Oh but when I have her what beautiful music we will make. I shall name her Beverly.


Crankenstein products appear to be back ordered currently. What I thought was judicious patience in waiting to place my order is turning out to just be an error in judgement. I should have ordered one when I setup my all grain process last summer I suppose. As it stands, I'm closing in on 4 weeks since I placed my order and I'm starting to rethink my decision. I know it's not Brewmasters Warehouse's fault but I'm getting anxious. All this grain is just staring at me, mocking my inability to utilize it's delicious starchiness.

Oh well. I have other stuff to take care of in the meantime. Like the Belgian Golden Strong that's been sitting in secondary since November. It's getting bottled this weekend. Or perhaps the 6 gallons of cider taking up a carboy since last fall. Or even the 3rd runnings I took from a friends Abt 12 brew day two weeks ago that I kicked up with 2 lb of honey for a honeyed Belgian dark mild.

A tease I know, but all will be revealed in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!